Amazing Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 3 lb
- chicken parts, skinned (legs and thighs or breasts, your choice!) or 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken
- 8 c
- chicken stock
- 1 c
- white onion diced
- 1 c
- celery diced
- 3 large
- carrots diced
- 4 Tbsp
- butter or margarine (i like butter, it's creamier)
- 2 can(s)
- cream of celery soup undiluted
- 3 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 c
- evaporated milk or half and half
- 3 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon pepper or lemon adobo mexican seasoning
- salt to taste
- 2 pkg
- fresh prepared or 2 boxes dried tortellini (cheese or pepperoni)
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 5 clove
- garlic crushed
- 1 c
- shredded asiago, romano, parmesan and mozzarella cheese
- 5 can(s)
How to Make Amazing Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1Season Chicken using salt, pepper, and 1/2 of Lemon Pepper or Adobo Seasoning. Brown chicken in stock pot with 1/4 C. of Olive Oil on medium heat. Remove chicken and drain on paper towel lined plate. Reduce heat, and add garlic, onions, celery, and carrots. Cook until onions are caramelized, but do not allow garlic to burn. Remove all vegetables to plate with chicken.
- 2Deglaze pan with 1 cup of Chicken Broth. Return all chicken and vegetables to stock pot. Add all Chicken Broth.
- 3Add condensed soups.
- 4Add Remainder of Adobo Seasoning, remaining poultry seasonings. and water.
- 5Simmer on Medium-Low, but do not boil, for 45 minutes, stirring no more than every 10 minutes. Increase heat to Medium, and boil for five minutes.
- 6While soup boils, add tortellini, stirring to keep pasta separated. Boil 6 minutes, and remove from heat.
- 7Let soup rest for 15 minutes without stirring. Add milk and cheese.
- 8Let soup rest for 10 additional minutes before service.