Amazing Chicken Enchiladas~Robynne
Disclaimer: I have always used recipes as a guide and use my instincts and experience to alter or omit ingredients as I cook. Therefore, it has always been a challenge when sharing recipes with others. I doubt I make dishes the same way twice. So, I advise you to use my recipes the same way. Trust your experience and adjust to your personal taste~Robynne
- 2 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless-cut into chunks
- 10.75 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 c
- sour cream
- 1/4 tsp
- chili powder
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 small
- 4 ounce can of chopped green chilies, drained
- packet of taco seasoning mix
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- lime juice
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 12 inch flour tortillas
- 3 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15 ounce can of ranch style beans
- (you can use 10 ounce can of enchilada sauce if you prefer)
- 6 ounce can of sliced black olives
- green onions, chopped
How to Make Amazing Chicken Enchiladas~Robynne
- 1Bring chicken to boil over high heat; reduce to medium low, cover and simmer until pieces are no long pink, approx. 10 minutes. Shred chicken with forks by pulling the meat apart. Set aside.
- 2Combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream and chili powder in a saucepan; simmer on low heat, stir occasionally. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- 3Saute onion in butter until softened and translucent, approx. 5 minutes. Add the shredded chicken, green chilies, taco seasoning and water. Allow to simmer 10 minutes. Stir in lime juice, onion and garlic powders, and drained ranch beans (*reserve liquid to be used later); simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- 4Preheat over to 350 F degrees. Stir 1 cup of the soup mixture into the skillet with the chicken mixture. Spread the remaining soup mixture on the bottom of a 9X13 inch baking dish.
- 5Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture. Using half of the cheddar cheese, sprinkle over filling before folding the tortillas. Fold tortillas over the filling and place seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
- 6Pour liquid from ranch beans or enchilada sauce over the enchiladas. Cover with remaining cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and olives. Bake until mixture is heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly, about 25 minutes.