Amazing Chicken Casserole
★★★★★ 1 vote5
112 oz. bag wide flat egg noodles
1small green bellpepper, diced
1small onion, diced
1can whole kernal corn, drained
1large can sliced mushrooms, drained
1small jar green olives, with pimento
1 1/2 lbsharp cheddar cheese, grated (guessing on amount here, because i never measure)
How to Make Amazing Chicken Casserole
- Boil chicken (save broth), debone and set aside in large bowl.
- Put about 1/4 cup of broth in a skillet and saute onion and bellpepper until tender. Put in bowl with chicken.
- Boil egg noodles until almost done but still firm. Don't overcook because they are going to cook for an hour in the oven. Drain and rinse noodles and add to chicken mixture.
- Slice olives, add to chicken. Add drained corn and mushrooms. Add about 3/4 cup of the reserved broth and mix well.
- Put enough of the mixture in a casserole dish (sprayed with cooking spray) to fill dish half full. Cover with part of the grated cheese. Fill dish with more chicken mixture and cover top with cheese.
- Put a cover (foil or lid) on dish and bake at 350* for 45 minutes. Remove lid and bake for another 15 minutes. It has to bake for a complete hour or it won't taste right. I tried baking it for 30 minutes and it just was not the same.
- I always have some of the mixture left over, unless you are using a really large casserole dish. I freeze it without the cheese and then I have a quick meal for another day.
- NOTE: There are no seasonings in this recipe. Don't add any. Once again, I tried adding garlic, salt and pepper. It doesn't taste the same. The bellpepper, onion and especially the olives give it the flavor it needs. You can salt and pepper as desired when it is on your plate.