Alpine Chicken for the Crock Pot
- 2 tsp
- chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh parsley
- 3/4 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1/3 c
- diced canadian bacon
- carrots sliced
- celery ribs sliced
- onion sliced
- 1/4 c
- 3 lb
- chicken apple sausage sliced / cubed chicken can be substituted
- 11 oz
- can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese
- optional addition of wide noodles cooked according to package directions
How to Make Alpine Chicken for the Crock Pot
- 1In small bowl mix bouillon granules, chipped parsley, and poultry seasoning.
- 2Layer in slow cooker in this order: Canadian bacon, carrots, celery, and onion. Add water
- 3Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the seasoning mix. Top with remaining chicken and sprinkle with remaining seasoning.
- 4Stir mushroom soup, cheese and flour together. Spoon over top of chicken. DO NOT STIR.
- 5Cover and cook on high for 3-3 1/2 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours. Check to see that chicken is tender and the juices run clear.
Serve with cooked wide noodles or alone. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.