Almond Chicken and veggies over rice
3 lbcooked chicken, diced
3 Tbspsoy sauce
1 cblanched almonds
1/2 cbamboo shoots, halved lengthwise
1/2 ccelery ribs, bias cut 1 inch
1/4 conion, cut into strips
1 cfresh mushrooms
10water chestnuts, sliced
1/3 cchicken stock
2 cpeanut oil
How to Make Almond Chicken and veggies over rice
- Remove both light and dark meat from bones; cut in shreds.
- Smear with a mixture of soy sauce, salt, cornstarch and sherry; set aside.
- Fry almonds or walnuts until golden in 1 1/2 cups hot oil.
- Pour off oil; drain almonds on a paper towel.
- Reheat pan; add 3 tablespoons oil.
- Saute vegetables for 1 minute; drain off oil and set aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil; saute chicken for 1 minute.
- Mix in vegetables and stock; simmer 1 minute.
- Add almonds and serve with rice.