Alice's Easy Roasted Chicken
Let me know what you think!
- 1 whole
- your favorite cooking oil
- (canola or vegetable oil;cooking sprays work well,too)
- seasoned salt
How to Make Alice's Easy Roasted Chicken
- 1Preheat oven at 425 degrees farenheit.
Place chicken pieces skin side up into baking dish or 13x9 pan. Drizzle small amount of oil on each piece to lightly coat so seasonings will stick to pieces(too much oil=greasy chicken-you can omit the oil altogether. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. If using any other seasoning variation, add it at this time.
- 2Bake uncovered at 425 degrees farenheit for 45 minutes or until pieces are cooked through, juices run clear, and skin is crisp. If pieces are cooked through but the skin isn't crisp, raise oven temperature to 500 degrees for a few minutes to crisp up skin.(This is the best part!)
- 3Also can be used for boneless,skinless pieces, but lower oven temperature to 350 degrees farenheit and bake for 30 minutes or until pieces are cooked through and juices run clear. You may want to bake covered to retain moisture and prevent drying out chicken.