Alice Springs Chicken copy cat
Chicken. I got the basic recipe on another site posted by CarmenB. Of course, I have tweaked it to suit me. This is so good!
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1/4 c
- mustard, spicy brown
- 2 tsp
- seasoned salt
- 6 slice
- 3 c
- monterey jack cheese
- 1 c
How to Make Alice Springs Chicken copy cat
- 1Sprinkle the chicken breast lightly with seasoned salt. Rub in well. Set aside for about an hour.
- 2In the mean time, fry the bacon crisp.
- 3I cube the chicken breast, but the **original recipe called for leaving them as halves. Saute the chicken breast in the bacon drippings until lightly browned, but not cooked all the way.
- 4Transfer chicken to a 9x13 casserole pan. cover with a layer of mustard. **The original called for honey mustard, but we love the spicy brown mustard. Use as much as your family will enjoy. I probably use about 1/4 of a cup and spread it with a pastry brush.
- 5Chop the bacon and sprinkle it over the top. **The original recipe called for cutting the bacon in half and laying it over each breast. I find it easier to eat and serve if the bacon is chopped.
- 6Sprinkle the mushrooms over the top of the bacon. I have used fresh slice and canned. The type of mushrooms is your choice.
- 7Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake at 350F for about 20 minutes.
- 8This is a huge family favorite. I have added notes as to how the original recipe was posted, as well as my changed. The mustard, mushroom and cheese types are your choice. Enjoy!