After Christmas Turkey Pot Pie (or Chicken)
Verlene Feijo( pronounce-Fay-Joe)
and it is sooo good . If I make it with chicken I use 2 or 3 chicken brests( the frozen boneless kind ) and boil them in the broth first.
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- diced onions
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 2 1/2 c
- diced turkey pieces (leftover turkey)
- 1/2 c
- 3 c
- mixed vegetables ,can
- 1 box
- pillsbury pie crusts -2 in a box (thawed)
How to Make After Christmas Turkey Pot Pie (or Chicken)
- 1Put butter in a large sauce pan and melt ,Add the onions and cook till they are tender over medium heat
Add the flour and salt and pepper and the chicken broth . Use a whisk to mix together ,work quickly so you won't have lumps in your gravy mixture.It will start to thickin in a few minutes . Now whisk in the milk . Stir till it boils and thinkins up .
- 2Now add the Turkey and the mixed vegatables stir and set aside.
- 3While your filling is cooling a bit
Fit your bottom crust in the pie pan (it should come to the top edge of the pan and if possible hang over a bit )Pour in the filling .Moistin the top edge of shell. Whether it holds it all will depend on your pie pan size.
open top crust unroll and lay it on top of the filling . Seal edge by pressing with the tines of a fork. Cut off the extra crust at edge of pan .
- 4Put a few slits on pie to to let out the steam .
Put in the oven and bake about 30 or 40 minutes till it browns a little and bubbles a lot.