I Made this dish on thursday served it with a wild rice mix and green beans. The next night it was even better, I made sandwich's with provalone cheese, fresh spinach and tomatoe, oh and sauted onions. It was so good, the meat was tender juicy and tasty. I will be repeating this recipe a lot. Pictured is the sandwich. The Adobo is pale and bland in color so it didn't picture well.
How to Make Adobo
- mix all the ingredients together , add chicken cover.
- Allow to marinate for 1 hr.
- Put into a cassarole or heavey pot with tightly fitting cover.
- Place on very low flame and simmer very slowly for 2 hrs.
- Shake pot from time to time to toss the pieces around.Keep pot covered and flame as low as possible.
- When done the dish must be almost dry and all ingredients will be very tender.
- Heres a tip my stove has a simmer setting on one burner and it is a very low flame. On that flame it was closer to 3 & 1/2 hrs to cook.
- Serve with boiled rice, coslaw wiht bits of pinapple and a coconut dessert.
- There's Adobo a plenty for 6 to 8