Recipe and photo are my own.
4 ccooked rice
2large tomatoes, chopped
1large onion, chopped and sauted
2 cchicken, cooked and cubed
2 cshredded montery jack cheese
1 csour cream
1 cyogurt, plain or greek style
2 can(s)green chilies
·cumin to taste
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Adobe Chicken-Annette's
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large greased casserole or 9x13 put 1/2 the rice in bottom.
- Mix all the tomatoes, sauteed onion and chicken. Pour over first rice layer.
- Mix sour cream, yogurt and chilies. Pour 1/2 the mixture over the chicken layer. Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese on top of that.
- Next put second 1/2 of rice down then season with cumin, salt and pepper. Don't be shy with the cumin.
- Lastly pour second half of sour cream mixture over rice then top with second half of cheese. Loosely cover with foil and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and avocado slices. Enjoy!