How to Make Aamah's Mexican Chicken
- 1Wash chicken and remove skins. Place chicken in a 9" x 13" pan,cover and bake in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- 2Mix tomato soup and taco mix together while chicken is baking. Do NOT add water. Remove chicken from oven, uncover. There will be a lot of juices in the pan. Leave them and spread soup mixture over chicken, cover and return to oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- 3Remove from oven, uncover and spread cheese over chicken and return to oven. You will notice that the soup mixture has blended nicely with the juices. Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken to melt. It too will add to make a very nice, cheesy sauce. Turn off the oven and leave the pan in until ready to serve.
- 4Serve over rice. I usually serve it with broccoli and have extra shredded cheese on the table. It makes a nice colorful presentation.
- 5Now, a few personal notes!
*You can use boneless breasts, but the sauce will not be as rich and flavorful and you may need to adjust to a slightly shorter time. The boneless chicken cooks faster and may dry out.
*You may use other cuts of chicken. Just consider the ratio of chicken to soup mixture. I'd probably use 12 thighs to 1 can of soup/taco mix.
*I have made this with thighs for large social meetinegs using 24-30 pieces of meat and adjusted the soup/taco mix accordingly. The thighs make a LOT of juice. Too much juice actually. I reserve it until the chicken is done cooking and add it only if needed.
- 6*Lastly, as you can imagine, there are lots of things you can do with this simple recipe. Have fun.