666 Cordon Bleu
Remember to remove the toothpicks before you eat these. :)
- 6 large
- white button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 large
- chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp
- melted goat butter
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch pieces of goat cheese
- 2/3 c
- fine dry gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- spelt or all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp
- grated romano cheese
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- adobo seasoning (or other season salt)
- 1/3 c
- (plain) coconut coffee creamer
- slices of turkey lunch meat
- 1 large
- organic whole egg, beaten
How to Make 666 Cordon Bleu
- 1Heat your oven to 325'F, grease a 13"x9" glass baking dish. Saute the mushrooms in some oil and set aside.
- 2Using a meat mallet, flatten your 6 turkey thighs between two sheets of plastic wrap and set them aside.
- 3Put the Dijon and melted butter in a small dish, brush each of the flattened thighs with some of the Dijon butter mixture.
- 4Combine the bread crumbs, flour, grated Romano, thyme and season salt into a large shallow bowl.
- 5Combine the beaten egg and coffee creamer in a large shallow bowl.
- 6Put one piece of the turkey lunch meat on each of the 6 flattened chicken thighs. Put one piece of cheese on each piece of lunch meat and one of the green pieces of green onion. Roll each thigh up.
- 7Do this to all 6 thighs and then dip into the butter coffee creamer mixture, then roll into the bread crumb mixture.
- 8Stick a toothpick or two into each roll and place in your pan for baking. Sprinkle the mushrooms all over the thighs.
- 9Place the thighs in the oven and bake on one side for 20 minutes, then take them out of the oven, carefully flip them over and bake for another 20-25 minutes until it is cooked thoroughly through. If you want use a meat thermometer the meat should read 160'F.
- 10Remove toothpicks before serving.