40 Cloves and a chicken
I use chicken thighs, rather than a whole chicken.
After cooking, strain and drain the oil. it's wonderful for dipping and cooking.
The garlic will be soft and sweet, you can spread it like butter.
- chicken, whole, butterflied
- 40 clove
- 1 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 4-6 sprig(s)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make 40 Cloves and a chicken
- 1coat pan with 1/4 cup of oil over med-high heat. Place the chicken pieces skin side down to brown. Season the exposed sides with salt and pepper.
- 2After the skin has browned (5 minutes or so) flip the pieces to brown. Season the exposed sides with salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- 3Flip the chicken once more and add the rest of the oil, garlic and rosemary. Bring the oil to a boil and then reduces the heat to medium. Don't crush or chop the garlic just use whole cloves.
- 4Cover and cook for 45 minutes. Plate and serve.