4-STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPER RECIPE with Red Hats!
Nancy J. Patrykus
My friend said I could make Hungarian stuffed pepper from my recipe!
Just cover them with little tomato juice and water. Simmered on top of the stove..What a great result that is served in a soup bowl!
It just cries for my "OVER NIGHT CRUSTY BREAD" recipe for sopping the juices!
- 4 medium
- green peppers..with tops amd membrains removed
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped celery
- 1 lb
- ground meat........beef, chicken or turkey
- bouillon cube.........chicken or vegetable
- 1/3 c
- hot water
- 1/2 c
- chopped tomatoes ...or canned cube tomatoes
- 1-1/2 c
- cooked rice.......or toasted bread cubes
How to Make 4-STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPER RECIPE with Red Hats!
- 1Cover the green peppers with water, and simmer 3 minutes.Drain.
Brown the ground meat.Add to the meat mixturs bouillon cube,1/3cup hot water some catsup and 1/2 cup cooked tomatoes. Heat well.
I used canned cubed tomatoes)
Then add the rice... or toasted bread cubes.
Maybe even add some cooked kidney beans
or cooked corn.
- 2Stuff pepppers and place in a shallow baking dish.
My friend bakes them in a cup cake pan!
Bake at 400F. for 15-20 minutes.
Top with a generous amount of catsup.
(the red bonnet) HA!
In the fotos I had a stuffed tomato in the center.
That turned out great.
I have a friend that will not eat green peppers!!
Serve & enjoy.
- 3****For "HUNGARIAN STUFFED PEPERS".
NOTE:...Do not pre-cook the stuffed peppers.!!!
Put stuffed peppers in a pan.
Combine and cover with equal parts of
tomato juice and water.
Simmer at least 2 hours.
Serve in soup bowls,
topped with catsup,sour cream, or even yogurt.
****FOTO #3 Being as I am a Queen
of a RED HAT group..You just know I had to insert this RED HAT foto!...LOL