Ye Olde Irish Hot Pot
- potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- onions, sliced thin
- carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 c
- cooked long grain rice (i like to use uncle ben's converted, not instant)
- 14 oz. can peas, with liquid
- 20 oz. package sausage links, browned
- 15 oz. can cream of tomato soup
- soup can of water
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Ye Olde Irish Hot Pot
- 1In a buttered, 4-quart casserole, layer the potatoes, onions and carrots, and season each layer as you go with the salt and pepper.
- 2Sprinkle with rice, then the peas with their liquid and top with the sausage.
- 3Mix the soup with one can of water and add seasonings. Pour over entire casserole.
- 4Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for one hour.
- 5Remove cover, turn sausages and bake an additional hour, uncovered.