Ye Olde Irish Hot Pot
6potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
2onions, sliced thin
3carrots, peeled and sliced thin
1/2 ccooked long grain rice (i like to use uncle ben's converted, not instant)
114 oz. can peas, with liquid
120 oz. package sausage links, browned
115 oz. can cream of tomato soup
1soup can of water
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Ye Olde Irish Hot Pot
- In a buttered, 4-quart casserole, layer the potatoes, onions and carrots, and season each layer as you go with the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with rice, then the peas with their liquid and top with the sausage.
- Mix the soup with one can of water and add seasonings. Pour over entire casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for one hour.
- Remove cover, turn sausages and bake an additional hour, uncovered.