Spaghetti with beef and vegetables
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lblean ground beef, 90% lean
1 mediumsweet onion, chopped
3 mediumchopped carrots
2 stalk(s)celery,, chopped
4 clovegarlic, minced
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1/3 lbwhole wheat pasta of choice
1 pinchred pepper flakes
1 or 2 dash(es)low salt soy sauce, to taste
How to Make Spaghetti with beef and vegetables
- In a large pot, bring about three quarts of water to a boil, add salt as desired, and cook spaghetti eleven or twelve minutes, until almost tender. It will be cooked further with ingredients.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, remove to a strainer over a bowl to remove fat and keep warm.
- Add oil to skillet and saute onions, carrots and celery, stir occasionally, cover and cook about five to eight minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic and stir and cook an additional minute.
- Add beef back to the skillet, along with red pepper flakes.
- Strain the pasta when cooked, and add to the large skillet along with beef and vegetables. Toss to mix with soy sauce.
- Serve with additional soy sauce.