White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chilies
Jo Ann Duren
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8soft flour tortillas
2 ccooked, shredded chicken
2 cshredded monterey jack cheese
2 cchicken broth
1 csour cream
1 can(s)4 ounce diced green chilies
1/2 tsponion powder
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspchili powder
How to Make White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan, using non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix cooked chicken, chili powder (optional) and 1 cup cheese together. Roll in tortillas and place in pan.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream, can of chilies, cilantro, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Make sure that you don't bring this to a boil-you don't want to have curdled sour cream!
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-22 minutes and then place under high broil 3 minutes to brown the cheese.
- *I also added a little bit of medium cheddar cheese to the top of my casserole.