☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- johnsonville italian sausage
- 1/2 c
- white onion, chopped i use red onion
- 2 c
- green pepper,chopped
- 2 can(s)
- 14.5 ounce cans of italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 can(s)
- 14.5 ounce can of beef broth
- 1 c
- white or brown rice, uncooked
- 2 clove
- of fresh garlic
- 1 tsp
- of italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp
- of black pepper
How to Make Unstuffed Green Pepper Skillet
- 1In large skillet, brown sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat for about 4-6 minutes. Next add in the pepper, Italian season and pepper.
- 2You may have to drain the fat off of the eat you use. I didn't have to with this sausage. Cook until pepper are beginning to soften, then add both cans of diced tomatoes and broth , mix well and bring to a boil.
- 3Once the mixture is boiling add in your uncooked rice and continue to boil another minute or two, then turn down heat, cover and let simmer for 30-35 minutes. I have to check to make sure your rice is cooked, times may vary. Top with cheese if you desire.
- 4I did stir this a few time to make the rice was really getting mixed in well with the juices and cooking. Also you will this skillet meal. I added an Italian twist by using Italian sausage and Italian diced tomatoes. It really had amazing flavor and I will definitely be making it again. you could easily use ground turkey or ground beef and season it the way you like.
- 5Approximately 8-10 servings
Note; to make process easier use precooked rice white or brown. I would bring mixture to boil, let simmer for 25 minutes then add the precooked rice. You could also make rice on the side and serve this dish over the rice. Either way it will still be delicious !