Tuna Noodle Casserole
6 ozcorkscrew pasta
8 ozfresh mushrooms, sliced
1 smallonion, chopped
1 cchicken broth
1/4 call purpose flour
1 can(s)tuna(12 1/4 ounce) drained
1 cfrozen peas,thawed
1 jar(s)chopped pimentos(2 ounces) drained
1/2 tspdried thyme
How to Make Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Cook corkscrew pasta according to package directions. Drain, cover. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Spray 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray;set aside.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion;cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Using wire whisk, stir together chicken broth, milk and flour in small bowl until well blended. Stir into mushroom mixture;bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in tuna, peas, pimientos and thyme. Add pasta to tuna mixture and stir.
- Spread pasta mixture evenly in prepared casserole. Bake until bubbly and heated through, about 30 to 35 mnutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.