Tex-Mex Tamale Pie
1 1/4 cyellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cevaporated milk
1 1/2 lbground beef
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 cchopped onion
1/4 cchopped green bell pepper
1 ccream style corn
1/2 csliced black olives, drained
1 cenchilada sauce-red or green
1 Tbspchili powder
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/2 cgrated cheddar cheese
How to Make Tex-Mex Tamale Pie
- For crust, combine the cornmeal, salt, evaporated milk and water in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove 1/2 cup, cover with plastic wrap.
- Spread the remaining cornmeal mixture on bottom and sides of greased 8-inch square baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Bake in preheated 425-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- For filling, brown beef, garlic, onion and bell pepper in large skillet; drain.
- Add corn, olives, enchilada sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into cornmeal crust.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of remaining cornmeal mixture on top of meat, sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.