Tater Tot Casserole - my way
Mary Kaye R
This is really a very flexible recipe. You can use different combinations of cream soups and meat.
Most tater tot casserole recipes that I have seen say to layer the tater tots either under or on top of the filling. I've always just mixed everything in together and my family enjoys it this way.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
32 oztater tots, thawed or partially frozen
1 can(s)cheddar cheese soup
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)french onion soup, or 1 cup sour cream
1.5 - 2 lbsausage or turkey sausage or ground beef
1bell pepper, any color, chopped
How to Make Tater Tot Casserole - my way
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown the meat with the chopped onion and pepper, then drain any grease.
- While meat is cooking, combine remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese in a large bowl.
- Add meat mixture and stir well to combine. This is where having the tater tots mostly thawed works out well. I usually put them in the fridge the night before.
- Spread into greased 13 X 9 pan, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with shredded cheese. Bake for 10- 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve with extra shredded cheese and sour cream.