Tasty White Fish Crumble Casserole
- 1 lb
- white fish fillets
- 1 1/4 c
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- sunflower oil
- 1/2 c
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and small diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 6 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- fish or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp
- whipping cream
- 1 tsp
- freshly chopped dill
- 1/3 c
- 3/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
How to Make Tasty White Fish Crumble Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray with non-stick spray a 8x8" baking dish. Place the fish in a saucepan with the milk, salt, and pepper.
- 2Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the fish is cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving cooking liquids. Flake the fish into the 8x8" baking dish.
- 3Heat the oil and 1-tbsp of butter in a small skillet and gently fry the onions, leeks, carrots, and potatoes for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Cover tightly and cook on low until softened, about 10 minutes. Spoon the vegetables over fish.
- 5Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan and add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Whisk in the reserved cooking liquid and the stock.
- 6Cook until thickened, and then stir in cream. Remove from heat and then stir in dill. Pour over fish.
- 7Crumble : Mix the butter with the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in cheese and cayenne pepper.