☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 boxjiffy cornbread mix
2/3 cwhole milk
1 can(s)cream style corn
2/3 cvegetable oil
1-1.5 lbground beef
1 tspeach ~ course ground salt, fresh ground pepper, 2 serrano peppers chopped, 1/2 c chopped cilantro, 2 roma tomatoes chopped, garlic powder, onion powder
2 csharp cheddar cheese shredded
How to Make Taco Casserole
- Brown the ground beef and all seasonings and vegetables. As the meat cooks the tomatoes will soften. Smash into the meat mixture and stir. This provides enough moisture and flavor without adding tomato sauce or water. The meat mixture will thicken slightly.
- In a mixer combine cornbread mix, eggs, milk, oil and corn.
- Spray a casserole dish with oil and pour half the cornbread mixture.
- Pour browned meat evenly over half the cornbread mixture. Top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Pour remaining cornbread mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes until golden brown.