Stuffing stuffed Shells with chicken
- 2 lb
- 1 ½ to 2lbs. chicken cubed, any kind. i use thighs, we like drake meat and for this i used 3 med size boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 1 can(s)
- 1-26oz. can of cream of chicken soup, or 2 small cans
- a little milk
- 1 box
- stuffing mix. (i made homemade stuffing)
- 1 box
- jumbo shells.
- salt & pepper to taste.
How to Make Stuffing stuffed Shells with chicken
- 1Pre heat over 350 Spray your pan with cooking spray and spread some of the cream of chicken soup on the bottom of the pan. (About 5 or 6 tbs. you don’t need a lot) Depending on you pan size. I used a 11x13 (4qt. glass baking pan)
- 2Make your stuffing and set aside. (If you make homemade stuffing, I would make it first)
- 3Cook the jumbo shells per box instructions. Depending on the size of pan you use, I would see how many shells fit your pan or you might have a lot of left over shells. Drain and let cool so you can hold them
- 4As the shells are cooking, cube the chicken in bit size pieces and cook in the chicken broth until broth cooks down and the chicken browns a little.
- 5Stuff the shells with the stuffing and line them up in your pan. Spread any leftover stuffing around the pan (If you make boxed stuffing there might not be any leftover) then spread the chicken around the top, then spread the rest of the cream of chicken soup over it. I add some milk to the leftover soup so it is a little thinner and covers everything. Cover pan and bake 1hr. (Then I uncover and bake 15 minutes more but you don’t have to cook it the 15 minutes more.) If it looks good to you at 1hr. that’s fine it will have more juice. I just like a little less juice. Everything is already cooked so 1 hr. is fine, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COOK IT THE EXTRA 15 MINUTES.