Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Seashells
(You could also add a cup of frozen peas when you add the dry pasta, to give it a little color.)
1 1/2 lbboneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can(s)cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
2 tspdried parsley
1/4 tsppoultry seasoning
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1 tspdried italian seasoning
1/2 stickbutter, sliced
1 1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
3 1/2 cchicken broth
8 oz(1/2 box) seashell pasta
How to Make Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Seashells
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with soups (no water), and add all of the spices. Add butter to pot then pour chicken broth into pot. (Do not use any salt because the soups and broth are just the right amount of saltiness for this dish.)
(Pot will be very "soupy.")
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours OR on high for about 4 hours. Remove chicken and shred.
- Add shredded chicken back into pot along with the dry pasta and stir well. Cook about 45 minutes until done. Stir pot one or twice while pasta is cooking to help prevent it from sticking.
- When pasta is done, add the 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese and mix well and allow to melt and thicken up. Should only take about five minutes.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with a little shredded cheddar on top.
Now enjoy that wonderful "comfort food" feeling you're about to be gifted with!