- mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 5 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 2-1/2 c
- half and half or whole milk
- 1/2 tsp
- dash of pepper
- 1/8 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1-1/2 c
- cooked long grain rice (i use uncle ben's converted rice, not instant)
- 1 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 c
- cooked, cubed chicken or turkey
- 10 oz
- package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
How to Make Rice Tetrazzini
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 2Sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of the butter in medium-sized saucepan for 2 minutes. Remove mushrooms to bowl and set aside.
- 3Melt remaining butter in saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in half-and-half, salt, pepper and nutmeg until well blended. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Stir in the egg yolk. Set sauce aside.
- 6Combine rice and half the cheese in medium-sized bowl. Add the turkey (or chicken), mushrooms and spinach. Toss to mix.
- 7Spoon rice mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- 8Pour sauce over the rice. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 9Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly hot.