8mushrooms, sliced or quartered
2-1/2 chalf and half or whole milk
·dash of pepper
1/8 tspground nutmeg
1egg yolk, slightly beaten
1-1/2 ccooked long grain rice (i use uncle ben's converted rice, not instant)
1 cshredded parmesan cheese
2 ccooked, cubed chicken or turkey
10 ozpackage frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
How to Make Rice Tetrazzini
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of the butter in medium-sized saucepan for 2 minutes. Remove mushrooms to bowl and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in half-and-half, salt, pepper and nutmeg until well blended. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the egg yolk. Set sauce aside.
- Combine rice and half the cheese in medium-sized bowl. Add the turkey (or chicken), mushrooms and spinach. Toss to mix.
- Spoon rice mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over the rice. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly hot.