Picky-eating childrens broccoli mac & cheese
- 1 medium
- sweet potato, peeled
- 8 oz
- medium-sized pasta shells
- 12 oz
- frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 15 oz jars mild cheese & salsa dip
- 1/2 c
- milk, or more as needed
- 1 c
- shredded, sharp cheddar cheese, i used kraft
How to Make Picky-eating childrens broccoli mac & cheese
- 1Heat oven to 375. Lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish w/ cooking spray. Cut sweet potato into 1/2" pieces. Cook pasta as directed, adding sweet potato pieces the last 5 mins, and then the broccoli the last 2-3 mins of cook time.
- 2Drain well. In lg pot, over medium heat, pour both jars of cheese/salsa dip into pot. Add 1/2 cup milk and stir until hot. If you find the sauce is too thick, add a little milk at a time until desired consistency. Remove the pot from heat and stir in pasta, veggies and 1/2 the shredded cheese. Spoon into baking dish and sprinkle w/ remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered for 10 mins, or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- 3I sometimes combine some coarse bread crumbs and a little melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole the last 3 mins to brown. Of course some real picky eaters won't eat it w/ bread crumbs...lol