Not so "Shepherds Pie"-Gluten Free Style
The ingredients to this recipe can be altered to your liking. This recipe is easy to do, is time consuming unless you use all prepackaged items. If you are not gluten free, you may use your favorite biscuit dough for the crust. Have fun with it! It's hard to mess up!
2 lbground beef
2 pkgmccormicks gluten free brown gravy
2 can(s)sweet corn
1 boxgluten free bisquick
1 stickbutter, salted
3/4 cheavy cream
2 pkgcheddar cheese, shredded
·salt and pepper
How to Make Not so "Shepherds Pie"-Gluten Free Style
- Make biscuit dough according to package instructions-2 1/4 cup of biscuit mix, 2 eggs, 1 cup milk.
Press biscuit mixture along the bottom and sides of a 9x13 greased baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet. Salt and pepper to taste. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the brown gravy-1 cup of water per package, stir in a sauce pan over medium heat until gravy is thickened. Mix the gravy in with the ground beef. Spread the mixture onto the pie crust to cover the bottom of the crust.
- Layer 2 cans of drained corn to cover the ground beef.
- Prepare your mashed potatoes by peeling and cutting up the potatoes into medium chunks, boil in salt water until potatoes are soft. Strain potatoes.
- Whip together potatoes, 1 stick of butter, heavy cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer the potatoes on top of the corn layer, covering all of the corn.
- Spread shredded cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.