~ My Tuna Noodle Casserole ~
- 10 oz
- cooked thin kluski noodles or egg noodles - al dente
- 1 - 12 oz
- drained albacore tuna - more if desired
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- jarred, minced garlic
- carrots, quartered and chopped, small
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- frozen peas
- or red pepper, chopped, i didn't use today, just sauté with other veggies if usin
- potabellas - optional - i didn't add today...just saute with other veggies
- 1/3 c
- each - flour & butter
- 2 c
- 2% milk
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- shredded parmesan
- 1 - 2 c
- mild shredded cheddar cheese - i only used 1 cup today
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh ground pepper
MILD CHEESE SAUCE - ADD ANOTHER CUP OF CHEESE FOR A BIT CHEESIER SAUCE IF THAT WHAT YOU PREFER
How to Make ~ My Tuna Noodle Casserole ~
- 1Cook pasta and drain.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together butter and flour. Cook for at least one minute, stirring constantly. Whisk in the milk, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stirring constantly until begins to lightly boil and thicken. Remove from heat and add cheeses, stirring until melted. Set aside.
- 4Grease a 2 quart casserole dish and spread tuna mixture evenly into dish.
I melted 1 tablespoon of butter and mixed with 1/2 cup bread crumbs and sprinkled evenly. Cover with foil and bake 35 - 40 minutes, remove foil and bake another 10 - 15 minutes or until browning.
Sprinkle with parsley and more Parmesan if desired. Yum!!!