Mexican Stuffed Shells My Way
********This recipe was inspired by another recipe on Jap, but I added & changed so many things, I decided to post my version of it.
1- 1 1/2 lbground beef
8 ozcream cheese
1 boxjumbo pasta shells
1-1 1/2 cchunky salsa( we like pace medium)
1/2 ctaco sauce( we like old el paso medium)
1 cmexican blend shredded cheese
1 can(s)black bean mash( we like bush's la cocina)
1 tspseasoning salt
1 Tbsphot mexican chili powder
1-1 1/2 Tbspcumin( to taste & smell)
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspwhite pepper
1 mediumonion, diced
1 Tbspgarlic salt
How to Make Mexican Stuffed Shells My Way
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef with onions & seasonings in a large skillet. Drain .
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup of salsa & cream cheese. (About 3 minutes on soften/melt setting)
Stir to combine.
- Add to ground beef & simmer until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray. Coat bottom of pan with remaining salsa, add more if needed to cover completely.
- Stuff each shell with 1 teaspoon of black bean mash, then 1-2 tablespoons of meat mixture. Place in pan close together until pan is full. (discard excess shells)
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sour cream & whatever toppings you like.