Patty Van Natter
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 can(s)cream style corn
1 can(s)whole kernel corn (drained)
2 largeeggs (beaten)
1 stickmargarine ( cut in chunks)
1 jar(s)sour cream ( 8 oz)
1 boxjiffy cornbread mix
1/2 bag(s)shredded velveeta cheese
1 smallyellow onion
1 tspsalt and pepper
How to Make Mexican cornbread
- In a large skillet, brown the hamburger and chopped onion until cooked thoroughly. Drain fat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper, and the cheese. Add both cans of corn, cornbread mix.
- Stir till the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into a buttered 9/13 inch cake pan. Put all of the hamburger over that. Top with the other half of the batter.
- Bake (uncovered) at °350 for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and a tooth pick comes out clean.