Meatball and Noodle Baked Casserole
1-1/2 lbground beef or ground turkey
1-1/2 cbread crumbs
1/2 cchopped onion
1/2 ctomato sauce
4 Tbspbutter or margarine
2-1/4 cbeef broth
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsptomato paste
1/2 tspgarlic powder
2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
18-10 oz. package noodles, cooked according to package directions
How to Make Meatball and Noodle Baked Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, combine ground meat, bread crumbs, onion, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Form meat mixture into 24 small balls, (or size them to your preference).
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Brown the meat balls on all sides and remove from skillet. Set aside.
- Add remaining butter (2 tablespoons) to skillet.
- Blend in the flour.
Stir in beef broth and milk. Cook until thick and bubbling, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, tomato paste, and garlic powder. Mix well. (Continue to stir on low heat with wooden spoon until sauce thickens.)
- While sauce is cooking (taking care that it doesn't scald), cook the noodles according to package directions, and drain when done.
- In a casserole dish, place a layer of noodles, meatballs, another layer of noodles, then meatballs, and top with a last layer of noodles.
- Pour sauce over entire casserole.
Sprinkle Mozzarella over the sauce.
Cover and bake for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees.