Macaroni and Cheese with Prosciutto Casserole
- 2 c
- small elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 c
- packed grated cheese (about 6 oz)
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 3 oz
- thinly sliced prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- grated parmesan
- 1/8 tsp
- grated nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese with Prosciutto Casserole
- 1In medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook macaroni according to package directions until al dente; drain well.
- 2In large bowl, whisk ½ cup cheese, cream, milk, prosciutto, Parmesan and nutmeg to blend.
- 3Add macaroni; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to buttered 11 by 7 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 4Bake on bottom rack of preheated 400*F oven until cheese melts and macaroni sets, about 20 minutes.