Lasagna My Way
12lasagna noodles, cook as directed on package and separate to cool
FOR THE SAUCE
4 ctomato sauce
1 tspdried oregano
1 can(s)italian diced tomatoes, drained
1 Tbspdried basil
1/2 tspgarlic powder
FOR THE CHEESE LAYER
1(15 oz.) pkgricotta cheese
1 cgrated parmesan cheese: divided
16 ozgrated mozzarella: divided
1 tspdried basil
to tastesalt and pepper
FOR THE MEAT LAYER
1 1/2 lbground beef
1/2 lbitalian sausage, sweet
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbsponion, very finely minced
4 ozcremini mushrooms, minced
How to Make Lasagna My Way
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the noodles according to the package direction. Lay on wax paper to cool. Be sure to keep them separated so they don't stick together.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients.
- Simmer over medium high for 20 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, place meat layer ingredients in a large skillet.
- Brown the beef and sausage breaking it up as you do.
- Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Drain off the grease.
- Set sauce 1/2 cup of the sauce for later. Pour the remaining sauce into the meat mixture. Stir to mix
- Simmer for 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- FOR THE CHEESE LAYER
- In a large bowl, combine the riccotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese 1 tsp. dried basil, 2 tsp. parsley and salt & pepper to taste.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE LASAGNA:
- In a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish, pour the reserved 1/2 a cup sauce on the bottoms and evenly spread it.
- Cover it with 3 of the cooled noodles.
- Carefully spred 1/3 of the meat mixture over the noodles.
- Cover the meat mixture with 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
- repeat the layers (noodles, meat mixture, cheese mixture) twice more.
- Top with the remaining 3 noodles.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 c mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheeses over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes uncovered.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.