Home made goulash/hamburger helper
2 lbgr. beef 80/20 is best
2 can(s)cream of soup/ your choice of flavor
2 Tbspbeef bouillon, cubes/optional
1/2 cwater, as needed
1/2 to 1 pkgnoodles/your choice of kind and amount
How to Make Home made goulash/hamburger helper
- in a very small amount of oil saute celery and onions. Celery should be soft and onions almost clear and both should be starting to turn golden brown. Add oil or a little butter or margie if needed.
- Add beef and brown, but don't over cook. I learned nothing is worse that over cooked beef in this.
- While beef is cooking mix together all other ingredients except water and noodles, salt and pepper. This allows you you taste and adjust your flavors. Remember canned soups and bouillon are salty to begin with.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain Meat trying to save as much of the celery and onions as possible.
- Combine all ingredients from bowl together, add water to make consistence like you want it. Bring to soft boil, turn down heat and simmer 5 minutes, add noodles, and serve.
- I know it sound like a lot of work but once you try it you can get down to making it in about 10 minutes or so. I also cheat most of the time and use a can of cream of celery and a can of cream of onion soup. The cream of onion is a staple in my pantry, not cream of mushroom.