Hearty Chicken Enchiladas
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1\2 - 3 cchopped cooked chicken (i use a rotisserie chicken)
1 can(s)red enchilada sauce
1 can(s)black beans, undrained
1 jar(s)mild salsa
1 pkgold el paso taco seasoning
812" corn tortillas
2 cshredded colby-jack cheese
6 ozblock cream cheese
·sour cream (optional)
How to Make Hearty Chicken Enchiladas
- Put the 6 oz block of cream cheese in a 12-inch skillet. Add the black beans, undrained, taco seasoning, 1/2 of salsa and 1/2 of the enchilada sauce. Heat using medium heat until the cream cheese is thoroughly mixed and is completely "melted".
- Add the chopped cooked chicken. Cook for an additional 10 minutes so that the chicken mixture is hot and well mixed.
- One at a time take a 12" tortilla and spoon some of the chicken mixture onto the tortilla, along the edge. Then carefully roll the tortilla up and place the rolled tortilla, seam side down, into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Mix the remaining enchilada sauce and salsa in a small bowl. Carefully spoon this mixture over the top of all of the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle the cheese of the top of the enchiladas. Put in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. A dollup of sour cream can be put on top of each serving if desired.