Hard Boiled Egg Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 conion, chopped
6 Tbspall purpose foour
6 Tbspbutter (or substitute)
3 cshredded cheese - i use cheddar & swiss, but use whatever cheese(s) you like
12(peeled) hard boiled eggs, sliced
2-1/2 ccrushed potato chips
1 lbbacon, fried crisp, & crumbled
How to Make Hard Boiled Egg Casserole
- Saute onions in butter (or margarine) on medium heat 'til tender. Add flour, stir constantly with wooden spoon for 1 minute (to "cook out" the flour flavor).
- Slowly add some of the milk, while stirring constantly, 'til flour/milk mixture is smooth. switch to wire whisk. As mixture thickens, continue whisking in a little bit more milk. Stop adding milk when mixture stays smooth.
- Add ALL the cheese! (Let's be honest - this dish is a heart- stopping, once a year treat! Don't skip on the cheese or bacon!) As soon as cheese is melted, remove from heat.
- In greased 1-1/2 - 2-QT casserole (& in keeping with the "forget the cholesterol & sodium" mindset, I grease the casserole with - what else? BACON GREASE!!), layer: 1/2 the sliced eggs; 1/2 of the cheese sauce; 1/2 of the crushed potato chips; 1/2 the crumbled bacon. Repeat the layers 'til all gone. Top layer needs to be potato chips.
- Bake (uncovered) in 350 degree oven for 20 - 30 minutes.
Supposed to serve 10 people, but is so yummy, usually only serves 5-6.