Ground Pork Shepherds Pie Dated 1944
"I'm Cat (Cathy) from Texas. I love collecting old cookbooks and recipe collections from estate sales. I have millions of recipes that I have collected from said estate sales, garage sales and friends, co-workers, etc. I also wr ite recipes and was fortunate to inherit the family collection in 1980" (more
- • 1 pound ground pork
- • 1 clove minced garlic
- • 1 medium white onion chopped
- • 1/4-cup green pepper chopped
- • 2 tablespoons flour
- • 1 teaspoon salt
- • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- • 2 cups water
- • 2 cups cooked whole-kernel corn
- • 4 cups mashed potatoes
- • 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
How to Make Ground Pork Shepherds Pie Dated 1944
- 1• Brown pork, garlic, onion and green peppers in a skillet for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- 2• Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- 3• Add water and cook, stirring, until the mixture bubbles and thickens.
- 4• Pour the meat mixture into a three-quart casserole.
- 5• Layer the corn on top of the pork.
- 6• Spread the mashed potatoes on top of the corn and sprinkle with the parsley.(& cheese in latter stage of cooking jpg)
- 7• Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes