ground beef enchiladas
carol mc farland
2 lblean ground beef
1 jar(s)picante sauce, i like extra
3 can(s)chili no beans
2 largeonions chopped
1 largeco/jack cheese i use extra
1 pkg10 inch flour tortillas
How to Make ground beef enchiladas
- spray a 9x13 pan set aside and chop 2 onions and put in bowl
- brown and drain ground beef and add 1/2 a jar of picante sauce and cook till liquid is gone--I do this to cut down on salt in taco seasoning packages and I still get flavor and extra veggies too.
- open all three cans of chili no beans and add 1/2 a can of water to soup in sauce pan, mix and heat till warm and spoon thin layer into 9x13 pan
- take one floured tortilla and spoon a heaping spoon full of meat down middle--add onion and lots of co/jack cheese and roll up and lay seam side down on top of chili in pan repeating till all 10 tortillas have been filled and in pan ( 8 short way and 2 long way in pan ) and pour warm chili soup over top
- take a fork moving rolled up tortilla gently, so chili can sink down between rolls easier. now sprinkle on any left over ground beef mix. top with a heavy layer (we like
extra cheese) co/jack cheese. do not cover.
- bake 350 for 20 to 30 minutes or cheese melts, watch this is a heavy and hot pan, let rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- we like to top with lettuce--tomatoes--salsa or picante--onions and sour cream, and oh so good and filling, hardly ever have any left over