Grandma Ballance's Corn Bread Stuffing
- 1 large
- bell pepper
- 2 medium
- 1 stalk(s)
- 4 large
- 4 c
- chicken or turkey broth
- dryed ground sage to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
2 LARGE PANS OF CORN BREAD PREPARED
How to Make Grandma Ballance's Corn Bread Stuffing
- 1Chop vegetables and add to large sauce pan with broth. Boil until just before tender. A little crispness left.
Let cool. You can do this step and prepare corn bread a day or two before you are going to serve the dressing but( DO NOT) mix together until you are ready to mix together and bake.
- 2When you are ready to bake stuffing mix par-boiled vegetables that have been drained. ( Save this liquid), corn bread that has been crumbled into small pieces.
- 3Add ground sage, salt and pepper in small amounts until you have it seasoned to your family's desired taste.
NOTE. children and elderly may need a light flavoring of sage. Large amounts of this herb can cause indigestion.
- 4Beat eggs and add to dressing. Add reserved vegetable broth and turkey broth until you had a moist dressing. Careful not to wet.
- 5Add a small pats of butter on top and bake at 350 degrees covered 30 minutes . Uncover and bake until brown on top. Dressing is ready to be served.