Easy Baked Taco Pie
It's great served over a bed of shredded lettuce and served with a side dish of Mexican Rice and a bit of fresh homemade guacamole, pico de gallo or your favorite salsa on the side.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbextra-lean ground beef
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 Tbspchili powder
14 1/2 ozcan diced tomatoes, undrained
10-oz pkgfrozen corn, thawed and drained
8 ozcan black beans, rinsed (optional)
6tortillas (6 inches in size) - any type works well in this recipe, corn or flour or even whole wheat
1 cshredded mexican style cheese, divided
1/4 creduced-fat sour cream (plus more, for garnishing)
1green onion, sliced (optional garnish)
4 Tbspfresh cilantro, chopped (optional garnish)
How to Make Easy Baked Taco Pie
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 2-quart round baking dish with no-stick spray; set aside.
- Brown beef with the onion and chili powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, corn and black beans (if using); cook 5 min or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1 cup meat mixture into the casserole/baking dish. Layer 3 tortillas over the beef layer, overlapping tortillas if necessary to fit in baking dish. Top with 2 cups of the remaining meat mixture and half of the cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas and remaining beef mixture; cover dish with lid or foil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 min or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese, and bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
- Cut into 4 wedges, and serve immediately, garnishing each serving with a dollop of sour cream with sliced green onions and/or chopped cilantro sprinkled on top.