Easy Baked Taco Pie
It's great served over a bed of shredded lettuce and served with a side dish of Mexican Rice and a bit of fresh homemade guacamole, pico de gallo or your favorite salsa on the side.
- 1 lb
- extra-lean ground beef
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 14 1/2 oz
- can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 10-oz pkg
- frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 8 oz
- can black beans, rinsed (optional)
- whole wheat tortillas (6 inches in size)
- 1 c
- shredded mexican style cheese, divided
- 1/4 c
- reduced-fat sour cream (plus more, for garnishing)
- green onion, sliced (optional garnish)
- 4 Tbsp
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional garnish)
How to Make Easy Baked Taco Pie
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 2-quart round baking dish with no-stick spray; set aside.
- 2Brown beef with the onion and chili powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, corn and black beans (if using); cook 5 min or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 3Spoon 1 cup meat mixture into the casserole/baking dish. Layer 3 tortillas over the beef layer, overlapping tortillas if necessary to fit in baking dish. Top with 2 cups of the remaining meat mixture and half of the cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas and remaining beef mixture; cover dish with lid or foil.
- 4Bake for 25 to 30 min or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese, and bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
- 5Cut into 4 wedges, and serve immediately, garnishing each serving with a dollop of sour cream with sliced green onions and/or chopped cilantro sprinkled on top.