Chile Rellenos Casserole
- 8 medium
- fresh poblano peppers
- 8 oz
- tomato sauce
- 16 oz
- extra sharp white cheddar, monterey jack or pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 3 c
- corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 8 large
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 c
- flour (can use gluten free flour)
How to Make Chile Rellenos Casserole
- 1Put peppers on a baking sheet & broil about 15 minutes, turning occasionally until blistered all over. Remove to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap & set aside 15 minutes. Pull out stems & seeds, peel off skins, give a quick rinse & set aside on paper towels.
- 2Reduce heat to 375°F Spray a 9x13 pan with oil spray. Pour the tomato sauce over the bottom.
- 3Fill peppers with shredded cheese. Set aside 1/2 c or so of cheese. Set in pan. Fill empty spaces with corn.
- 4Whisk to combine eggs, oregano, baking powder & flour. Pour over everything. Sprinkle additional cheese over the top.
- 5Bake for about 30 minutes until set and the top is brown & bubbly.