Chile Rellenos Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 mediumfresh poblano peppers
8 oztomato sauce
16 ozextra sharp white cheddar, monterey jack or pepperjack cheese, shredded
3 ccorn kernels (fresh or frozen)
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/4 cflour (can use gluten free flour)
How to Make Chile Rellenos Casserole
- Put peppers on a baking sheet & broil about 15 minutes, turning occasionally until blistered all over. Remove to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap & set aside 15 minutes. Pull out stems & seeds, peel off skins, give a quick rinse & set aside on paper towels.
- Reduce heat to 375°F Spray a 9x13 pan with oil spray. Pour the tomato sauce over the bottom.
- Fill peppers with shredded cheese. Set aside 1/2 c or so of cheese. Set in pan. Fill empty spaces with corn.
- Whisk to combine eggs, oregano, baking powder & flour. Pour over everything. Sprinkle additional cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until set and the top is brown & bubbly.