Chicken Enchilada Bake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbboneless, skinless, chicken (thighs or breasts), cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsponion powder
1 tspgarlic powder
1 Tbspminced garlic
1/2 mediumonion, finely diced
1 can(s)(22.6 oz) cream of chicken soup
1/2 can(s)water for thinning the soup
1 can(s)(4 oz) diced green chili peppers (hot or mild, your choice)
2 cprepared mexican/spanish rice
1/2 csliced black olives
12 ozshredded cheese (cheddar, colby jack, mexican blend, your choice)
·avocado, chopped onion, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, chopped green onion, diced jalapeno pepper, cilantro, sour cream, tortilla chips, salsa
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Bake
Preheat oven to 375 F
Spray 9 x 13 baking pan
- Place the chicken in a bowl and season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Put oil in a large skillet; add the seasoned chicken, onion, garlic and cook until the chicken is done. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate pan, add the soup, water (to thin it out a bit) and diced green chilis. Heat on medium low heat. (You will be dipping tortillas in it).
- Prep the tortillas: In the same pan you cooked the chicken, add oil, if needed, and fry the tortillas a little on both sides until they get a little firm but not crisp. Then dip them in the soup mixture, making sure they get completely covered.
Spread a thin layer of the soup on the bottom of the baking dish. (Just about 1 ladle full)
- Place a layer of tortillas (@ 6) in the bottom of the baking dish. Spread ½ of the rice, ½ of the chicken, and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat this process one more time.
- Top it off with a layer of dipped tortillas; pour the remaining soup mixture evenly over the layers and cover with a good layer of cheese.
- Bake at 375 F for about 10 - 15 minutes, just to get the cheese melted and starting to bubble.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.