Cabbage Roll Casserole
The amount of each ingredient is flexible. Less meat, more cabbage, less rice, some sugar etc. I'm trying to emulate my mother's cabbage roles :)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbground beef
1 lbground pork
1/2cabbage head, chopped
2 ccooked rice
28 oztin crushed tomatoes
14 oztin diced tomatoes
1 tspground black pepper
3 cloveminced garlic
1 tsporegano, dried
1large chopped onion
How to Make Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Brown meat, onions, garlic in large skillet.
- Add cooked rice, crushed tomatoes, seasonings and stir.
- Place in large casserole dish or deep lasagna pan.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Saute chopped cabbage in same large skillet until softened.
- Spread cabbage on top of casserole.
- Pour tin of diced tomatoes over all.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1.5 hours.