Butternut Squash Casserole
- 1 butternut squash, or prepacked and cut butternut squash
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbls. all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 pkg. vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
How to Make Butternut Squash Casserole
- 1preheat oven to 425
- 2Put butternut squash in the microwave and cook on high,until soft, 2-3mins.(to save time I buy all ready cut butternut squash at the supermarket and just boil for 15-20 mins until tender)Cut in half, scoop out seeds and cube.
- 3Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add squash and cook until tender, about 15 mins-20 mins. Drain and mash.
- 4In a 9x13 casserole dish, combine 3 cups mashed butternut squash, white sugar, milk and vanilla extract, salt, flour, eggs and 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for 45 mins. or until set
- 6In a medium bowl, combine crushed vanilla wafers, 1/2 cup melted butter, and 1 cup brown sugar. Crumble over top of cooked casserole and return to oven to brown.