Beef and Swiss Pasta Slow Cooker Casserole
- 1 lb
- ground beef, thawed
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium
- sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp
- weber roasted garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 can(s)
- beef broth
- 2 c
- macaroni, elbow
- 1 pkg
- laughing cow swiss garlic and herb cheese wedges
- french fried onions, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Beef and Swiss Pasta Slow Cooker Casserole
- 1Set crockpot on High. Add thawed, uncooked hamburger (I prefer 90/10 lean for this recipe but you can use 80/20 lean) and cream of mushroom soup, finely chopped half sweet onion, minced garlic (I use pre-minced garlic in olive oil from a jar my store sells) and Weber Seasoning. Cook on high between 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes until ground beef is done. If you don't want any of the hamburger grease in the mix, you can precook the hamburger, drain it, add it to the other ingredients in the pot and cook for 1 hour.)
- 2Add both cans of broth and 2 cups of dry small elbow macaroni to the pot, stir well and cover. Cook on high until pasta is done, approximately 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours. The pasta will soak up almost all the broth.
- 3Unwrap the Laughing Cow cheese wedges and add to the pot, stir in. Cover and let sit 1/2 hour. Stir again and make sure all have melted in and mixed well with the dish. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4On a separate plate, microwave french fried onions for 1 minute or until hot and crispy. When serving, sprinkle some on top. This step is highly recommended.