Texas Roadhouse Style Burgers
1 1/2 lbbeef chuck, freshly ground and loose pack*
1 cbbq sauce of choice
·salt and pepper
2 Tbspvegetable oil
4 mediumhamburger buns
4 sliceamerican cheese
2 slicesweet onion broken into rings
12dill pickle slices
1 ccreamy cole slaw
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Style Burgers
- For this recipe I use my electric skillet. This way I can cook all 4 burgers at once, and they do not fall through the grill grate, and they will if you use this method.
- On a plate fluff your freshly ground beef chuck.
- Lightly salt and pepper your beef and fluff again-around 1/2 teaspoon each.
- Divide your meat into 4 equal portions.
- Carefully draw each patty together-it will look like a large meatball barely holding together.
- Heat your electric skillet to 400 degrees.
- Add oil and swish it around so the bottom of skillet is covered.
- Carefully transfer each "meatball" to the hot skillet.
- Take a spatula and place it on top of the first "meatball".
- Using a CLEAN can press down hard to form your first patty.
- Repeat with the other 3. These should be large rounds.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, then flip. You want a nice, brown crust. Not tan, brown.
- Brush the tops of your burgers with BBQ sauce-be generous.
- Cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove to a platter and now fry your buns.
- When golden brown remove buns to plate.
- Brush buns with remaining BBQ sauce.
- On the bottom of the buns place a slice of cheese, then a burger patty, then your pickles, onions, tomato and top with 1/4 cup creamy slaw.
- Top with bun and eat.
- In order to eat these you will need to adopt the "lean" stance, regardless of whether you are standing or sitting. If you are standing lean out to take a bite, if sitting do the same. These are MESSY and JUICY and you will be wearing it if you do not "lean".
- Serve with fries or onion rings.