Texas Roadhouse Style Burgers
- 1 1/2 lb
- beef chuck, freshly ground and loose pack*
- 1 c
- bbq sauce of choice
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 4 medium
- hamburger buns
- 4 slice
- american cheese
- 2 slice
- sweet onion broken into rings
- dill pickle slices
- 4 slice
- 1 c
- creamy cole slaw
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Style Burgers
- 1For this recipe I use my electric skillet. This way I can cook all 4 burgers at once, and they do not fall through the grill grate, and they will if you use this method.
- 2On a plate fluff your freshly ground beef chuck.
- 3Lightly salt and pepper your beef and fluff again-around 1/2 teaspoon each.
- 4Divide your meat into 4 equal portions.
- 5Carefully draw each patty together-it will look like a large meatball barely holding together.
- 6Heat your electric skillet to 400 degrees.
- 7Add oil and swish it around so the bottom of skillet is covered.
- 8Carefully transfer each "meatball" to the hot skillet.
- 9Take a spatula and place it on top of the first "meatball".
- 10Using a CLEAN can press down hard to form your first patty.
- 11Repeat with the other 3. These should be large rounds.
- 12Cook for 4-5 minutes, then flip. You want a nice, brown crust. Not tan, brown.
- 13Brush the tops of your burgers with BBQ sauce-be generous.
- 14Cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- 15Remove to a platter and now fry your buns.
- 16When golden brown remove buns to plate.
- 17Brush buns with remaining BBQ sauce.
- 18On the bottom of the buns place a slice of cheese, then a burger patty, then your pickles, onions, tomato and top with 1/4 cup creamy slaw.
- 19Top with bun and eat.
- 20In order to eat these you will need to adopt the "lean" stance, regardless of whether you are standing or sitting. If you are standing lean out to take a bite, if sitting do the same. These are MESSY and JUICY and you will be wearing it if you do not "lean".
- 21Serve with fries or onion rings.