QUINOA & PORTOBELLO MEMPHIS BURGERS
RawSpiceBar Spices & Spice Kits
- rawspicebar's memphis dry rib rub
- 1/2 c
- uncooked quinoa, about 2 cups cooked
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- portobello mushrooms
- 1 c
- coarsely grated zucchini
- 3/4 c
- coarsely grated carrots
- small shallot, minced
- garlic clove, minced
- egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 Tbsp
- salt, to taste
How to Make QUINOA & PORTOBELLO MEMPHIS BURGERS
- 1Cook quinoa according to package directions, omitting salt, about 14 min. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Heat a large, wide non-stick frying pan over medium. Add oil, then zucchini, carrot, shallot and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 min. Add to quinoa. Stir in egg, cornstarch, salt and 1/2 of RawSpiceBar's Memphis Dry Rub.
- 3Heat the same non-stick frying pan over medium. Firmly press quinoa mixture into a 1/2-cup measuring cup. Turn and release into pan. Gently press to shape into a patty about 4 in. wide. Repeat, cooking 2 patties at a time. Cook until golden and warmed through, about 4 min per side.
- 4Drizzle olive oil onto both sides of the portobello mushrooms and then coat generously in the dry rub; reserve about 1/3 of the rub. Set mushrooms aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until ready to grill.
- 5Preheat the outdoor grill or grill pan to high. Grill mushrooms for about 5 minutes per side or until well-marked by the grill grates.
- 6Layer quinoa burger on top of grilled portobellos. Top with roasted tomatoes, roasted red peppers or toppings of choice.