1 1/2 lbground pork
1/2 cbread crumbs
1 Tbspsoy sauce, low sodium
1 (20 oz.) can(s)pineapple slices, reserve 1/4 c. juice
1 tspground ginger
1/8 tspgarlic powder
1/4 cfinely chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cteriyaki sauce (for cooking)
6 tspteriyaki sauce (for the buns)
6 sliceswiss cheese
How to Make Luau Burgers
- In a bowl, combine pork, bell pepper, soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, bread crumbs and reserved 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- Mix very well. Form into 6 patties.
- Grill covered for 3 minutes on each side.
- Brush with teriyaki sauce. Cook another 4-6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Also place 6 pineapple slice on the grill. Brush with teriyaki sauce,
- Grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- Spread mayonnaise and teriyaki sauce on buns.Place a leaf of lettuce on each bun.
- When they are done, place a patty on each bun. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Place a grilled pineapple slice on each.