- 1 1/2 lb
- ground pork
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 (20 oz.) can(s)
- pineapple slices, reserve 1/4 c. juice
- 1 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 c
- teriyaki sauce (for cooking)
- 6 tsp
- teriyaki sauce (for the buns)
- 6 slice
- swiss cheese
- hamburger buns
How to Make Luau Burgers
- 1In a bowl, combine pork, bell pepper, soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, bread crumbs and reserved 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- 2Mix very well. Form into 6 patties.
- 3Grill covered for 3 minutes on each side.
- 4Brush with teriyaki sauce. Cook another 4-6 minutes on each side or until done.
- 5Also place 6 pineapple slice on the grill. Brush with teriyaki sauce,
- 6Grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- 7Spread mayonnaise and teriyaki sauce on buns.Place a leaf of lettuce on each bun.
- 8When they are done, place a patty on each bun. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- 9Place a grilled pineapple slice on each.