Grilled Cheddar Burgers
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
3 1/2 lbground beef
1/2 cpurchased barbecue sauce
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tspblack pepper
12hamburger buns, lightly toasted
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Grilled Cheddar Burgers
- Mix together ground beef, barbecue sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Shape half of meat mixture into eight 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Shape remaining meat mixture into four 1-inch-thick patties. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Prepare grill (medium high heat).
- Grill patties to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare for 1/2-inch thick patties and about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare 1-inch thick patties.
- Top with cheese the last minute of cooking.
- Place burgers on bottom halves of buns and top with lettuce and tomatoes and anything else that you like. Cover with top bun.